Upgrading OData from v2.0 to v4.0
Heroku now supports OData v4.0 and Heroku will soon be removing support for OData v2.0. Users currently using OData v2.0 must update their External Object connection to Heroku to use OData v4.0.
Updating your External Object(s) is a straightforward process. The process consists of obtaining the OData v4.0 Server URL from Heroku Connect and updating the External Object in Salesforce with that URL.
Locating the v4.0 Server URL in Heroku Connect
- Go to your Connect Dashboard.
- Select the tab for the Connection associated with your External Objects service, at the top of the page.
- Click the External Objects link.
- In the Server URL section, locate the URL for OData Version 4.
- Retain this URL for a later step.
Saving the v4.0 Server URL in Salesforce
- From Setup, enter External Data Sources in the Quick Find box, then select External Data Sources from the list below.
- Locate and click the Edit link for the External Data Source you wish to upgrade in this list.
- Change the value of the Type field to Salesforce Connect: OData 4.0
- Replace the content in the URL field with the Service URL you obtained from your Connect Dashboard.
- Click Save
Note: OData v4.0 supports both reading and writing, unlike v2.0 which only supports reading. To enable writing External Objects, check the Writable External Objects check box in the External Data Sources edit form.
If you encounter an authentication error, you can always reset your credentials using the Reset and Email Username/Password button on the External Objects page of your Connect Dashboard. These new credentials, which will be emailed to you, will need to be saved in the External Data Sources edit form in Salesforce.